It's been a craze this past summer: whitening your teeth with charcoal powder! So I tested it out for 2 weeks to see if it actually works.
Instructions (what I did):
- Wet toothbrush thoroughly
- Dip toothbrush into charcoal powder (make sure to tap the container down to make the powder even prior to opening)
- Tap out excess
- Brush your teeth for 1 minute on the outside
- Add toothpaste to your toothbrush
- Brush the rest of your teeth for 1-2 minute
- Rinse and Smile
- Be careful when spitting into the sink. Spit first then run the water to rinse. It will go everywhere! Tip: keep a sponge nearby to wipe down the sink!
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush and don't brush too hard!
- Use it ONCE a day!
Verdict: I believe it works really well! My teeth are brighter and whiter after almost 2 weeks of use.
What does it taste like: tasteless. It's completely tasteless. It's really strange to get use to.
It's great for people who have sensitive teeth since there aren't any chemicals used. The powder is super fine so it hasn't gotten stuck in my gums. However, I would just do a minute with the charcoal and the other minute with normal toothpaste. My gums got a bit sensitive from brushing it for two minutes with charcoal and another 2 minutes with toothpaste.
The only problem I have is that my teeth are super white for the day and then it kinda fades back a little bit. I have to brush my teeth every day with it to keep the "whiteness". If you want "super white", I would go with crest whitening strips. But overall, I think it's a great investment.
Get it here for less than $12!
Stay beautiful, beauties!