If you know me well, I usually never wear makeup during the week. I either go all out, or nothing at all. So many of you have been asking to see what my full makeup routine consist of. To make things visually easier, I made a video (click below) to go with the product list and tips in this post.
Read them all or skip down to what you need!
- Moisturizing Serum: Jojoba Oil- get it here. This stuff is a seed oil, whose chemical makeup is the closest to your skin's natural sebum. It protects your skin, moisturizes it, and for those who are oily- tricks your skin into thinking you already produced enough oil for the day (you won't get oiler). It's non-comedogenic and great for sensitive skin! Tip: Let is absorb for 5 minutes prior to your makeup routine.
- Face Primer: Lancôme La Base- get here. Hands down the BEST silicone-base primer for all skin types. I've tried so many different brands, but this one is my favorite! It smooths out your skin, makes you use LESS foundation, and keeps your makeup lasting all day! Tip: A bottle should last about 6-8 months.
- Eye Primer: Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion "Anti-Aging"- get it here. Want your eye shadow game to stay on all day? Here's your answer. This primer helps eye shadow stay into the night without creasing or rubbing off. It also helps your eyeliner stay put, especially if you have a wing!
- Eye Shadow: Urban Decay "Heat" Palette- get it here. This palette was sold out in one day. This is the first palette from UD that has WARM undertones. All the shadows have hints of gold and copper without over-kill. It's fabulous for every skin tone. Tip: If you think your UD palette makes you a bit too ashy, grab one of these instead.
- Eye Shadow: Stila "Eye are the Windows-Soul" Palette- get it here. If you want a palette that covers the basics, this one is it. It has shimmer and matte colors, but covers the neutral spectrum. There's champagne, gold, silver, matte browns, shimmer coppers, darker browns, and even black.
- Eyeliner: Urban Decay's Perversion Liner- get it here. My favorite felt tip eyeliner. It is water-proof and smudge-proof. It goes on BLACK BLACK. I really like that I can make a very fine wing with the felt tip.
- Mascara Primer: Urban Decay's Subversion Lash Primer (not shown in video)- get it here. If you have shorter lashes, or thinner lashes- GET THIS. This is a primer you use on your lashes BEFORE you put on mascara. It creates a "layer" for the mascara to "stick" to and gives you super long and full lashes. Tip: Apply primer to one eye and then add mascara while formula is still wet on lashes. Repeat with other eye.
- Mascara: Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara- get it here. (not shown in video) This formula is creamy and doesn't get clumpy! It isn't "waterproof" but it is water-resistance, so it'll come off more easily with your nightly makeup remover . If you want a waterproof version, try this.
- Foundation: Temptu Air- get it here. Airbrush foundation is the best! I use the Silk Sphere pods in "Beige". The foundation is silicone-based so it won't clog your pores; it lasts all day and still looks fresh at night; it's buildable; it's waterproof; it's sweat proof; and you don't have to use a brush! It's travel-friendly too- this thing is has it's own usb-charger built in. Just charge the unit and attach the pod on to spray anywhere!
- Concealer: Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser- get it here. I love this stuff. (But I'm afraid they have a new formula with a different name.) What I do like about this particular concealer is that it's an orange-based concealer- meaning it will color correct your dark circles that are blue or black. Tip: If this one doesn't fit you, find a concealer that has an "orange" undertone to off set your dark circles.
- Eye Powder: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Power- get it here. Ever look like a raccoon from all you eyeliner just smearing under your eyes? This stuff is magic. Dab some on with a brush after your concealer/foundation and watch it brighten and illuminate your eyes. This super soft and fine powder also creates a nice barrier so your mascara and eyeliner won't smudge off!
- Face Powder- RCMA No Color Powder- get it here. I did put this powder into the container shown in the video. I've learned from being under some of Hollywood's greatest artists that this the GO-TO powder. It softens, blurs without caking. It's super silky and this bottle will last you a whole year for just $12.
- Contour: Anastasia Contour Kit in "Light to Medium"- get it here. I love this kit. The contour color (middle brown) is absolutely perfect for every skin tone. It has just enough warmth to pull off a natural look. The yellow powder is perfect for a matte highlight under the cheek bones, nose, and forehead. Tip: This palette is refillable! The metal pans are magnetic!
- Bronzer: Benefit "Hoola"- get it here.(not shown in video) Two words: MATTE BRONZER. Get glowing skin without looking like a sparkle-fest. I love the brush it comes with! It's perfect for contour or adding more color on top to seamlessly blend a s darker contour and blush together. My mini one has lasted over an year.
- Blush: Nars "Orgasm"- get it here. This iconic blush is pink with a bit of gold flecks to create at subtle "glow". I get a bunch of the smaller ones to travel with! Want a little less shimmer? Try "Deep Throat". Want more gold sparkles? Try "Super Orgasm".
- Highlighter: Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle"- get it here. It's velvet soft and creates a beautiful champagne shimmer highlight. The shimmer pieces are very fine so you won't get giant speck of glitter on your cheek. It's a cult favorite and mine!
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay "All Nighter" Spray- get it here. (not shown in video). SPRAY to finish and your makeup will not MELT, MOVE or SMUDGE. It will stay fresh all day. This stuff lowers the temperature if your makeup to make it lasts 12+ hours. You face will thank you halfway through the day. Tip: Spray in a "T" shape and an "X" shape for best results!
- Lipcolor: Tarte Lip Paint "Delish"- get it here. This rose mauve is perfect for those who want a dusty but nude color. Plus this velvet rich-formula (non transferring) dries matte and won't dry out or crack! I like it cuz my lips are dark and it almost matches perfectly as my "nude". Tip: to find your "nude" color, pucker your lips. Your lipstick color should match the inside of your lips.
Thanks for sticking around! Tune in next week for more blogging- I think we got some skincare, masks, serums, and charcoal testing coming your way!
Stay beautiful, my beauties!