The whole internet is buzzing about this mask. It has over 13,000 reviews on Amazon at 4.5 stars and cost less than $10. Yup- 10 bucks for 1 lbs. - free shipping on Amazon Prime.
- Made of 100% natural calcium bentonite (green) clay
- No animal testing, No animal products
- No additives
- Removes impurities and dirt from pores
Many people claim that it works wonders on blemishes and breakouts. It's suppose to detox, unclog, and tone your skin.
Be warned- as it dries, it constricts the skin while pulling out toxins- your face will pulsate and will be red for a while after! It draws blood up to the surface, so your skin will actually look and feel amazing the next day. You are suppose to use this baby once every week. I've heard of people using it every day, but I'm a "weekly-masking" kinda girl. I've also heard of people using it as a body mask and as a hair mask? (maybe next time?)
It was highly recommended to cleanse and steam my face prior to masking. I washed it with my Fresh Soy Cleanser and used my portable steamer to steam my face for about 5 minutes. LOL Yes- it totally works!
- Use a non-metal bowl with non-metal utensil. The purpose of the mask is to pull positively charged toxins out. Metal is positively charged so the mask will render useless if you use a metal spoon. Plus, the jar said "non metal" so I just listened.
- Mix equal parts water and raw apple cider vinegar- I used about 1 teaspoon of each. It's enough to cover my whole face. Feel free to add more as you need. If you are super sensitive, the jar recommends using water and apple cider vinegar (half/half) for the first couple of times.
- Mix until smooth.
- Apply with spoon, facial brush, or fingers (don't apply it too thick or else it's super difficult to wash off!).
- Wait for it to dry. Up to 10 mins for delicate skin or 20 for normal skin.
- Wash off with warm to cool water.
This stuff hardens within 10 minutes. As it dries, your face will start to look like a dried out version of the The Hulk. My face started to feel warmer, and I could feel it pulsating! Thump Thump!
Tip: use a hair wrap to scoop all your hair back cuz bits of my baby hairs started to dry into my face mask
I washed it off after 20 minutes (please don't go longer than that!). Holy crap! My face was sooooo red after washing it off. It didn't feel raw or sensitive. I think it just looked worse than it actually was. The mask didn't leave a greasy feeling at all. However, my skin did feel a bit on the drier side- maybe a side effect of the mask?
I applied 3 pumps of my La Roche Posay Hydraphase Serum (I normally only use 2 pumps, but I thought I could use the extra oomph ) and my Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream. After an hour, I went to check on my face and it looked marvelous! My forehead blemishes were flat and less prominent. No more redness. Super smooth and toned. My face even looked flawless the next morning! (woohoo!)
Verdict: 4.8 Stars
I would totally recommend this to anyone wanting a beneficial mask for weekly use. It's inexpensive. Bonus points! for being all-natural. It helps smooth and tone skin. It fights blemishes. It's a miracle in a jar, and is probably the most effective mask I've tried. I can see why it has so many reviews!
*Remember to keep the jar in a dry cool place! Make it fresh every time!
Happy Masking, my beauties!